As at: 1 July 2020 - Revise
For Terms & Conditions applicable to Recruitment Services: Click Here
- This website has been designed and built by The List (Global) Ltd. By using or accessing any part of this website you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- The List takes reasonable measures to ensure that the information on this site, including that provided by Members, Corporate Members and all advertisers is accurate but makes no representations or warranties as to that accuracy and accepts no liability for the same.
- The views, information and advice of advertisers and/or the sponsors of any of the information sheets on this site are not necessarily the views of The List unless specifically endorsed.
- The copyright and material on this website is owned by The List and protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom. Users are granted permission to copy any such information for their personal use, but they may not republish, transmit, store, reproduce, communicate or make available to the public any such information in any manner.
- The List shall not have any liability for any direct or indirect loss, damage, costs, expenses or claims (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise arising from Membership (of all categories), advertising on this site and out of the misuse of the contents of the information on this site either before, during or after the transfer of such information.
- The List is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any of the websites linked to this site and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. We do not endorse any of these sites unless specifically stated. We cannot guarantee these links will work all the time and have no control over the availability of linked pages.
- If any of these terms and conditions are illegal, invalid or unenforceable this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
- The relationship between you and The List is governed by English law and you agree to submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The List is an individual and personal membership organisation, providing a range of services to members and former members of HM Forces (including the Volunteer Reserves), Cadet Force Adult Volunteers, former Cadets (who have attained the age of 18 years) and members of University Officer Training organisations. Basic Registration of The List is free; networking services provided are only available to paid-up Members. Membership is non-transferrable: usernames and passwords are not to be made available to non-Members neither is a Members account to be operated on their behalf by another individual or third party. Any such sharing will render the Member liable to removal from The List.
- There are in essence three types of member, these are: Basic Registrant (free), Member (paid-up networking member), and Corporate (normally a legal entity subscribing annually for advertising purposes). At any one time an individual member can elect to be either In Business or Job Seeking. To be a fully paid-up Member an individual must elect to become either an Annual or Life Member. No category of membership infers nor guarantees that an individual will be contacted and/or employed through his/her membership of The List. The List shall have no commercial or legal or any other liability for any direct or indirect loss, damage, costs, expenses, or claims (including, but not limited to negligence) or otherwise arising from Corporate Membership.
- Definition of Life Membership: The List is a recruitment and business networking organisation applicable to those still in the workplace. Life Membership is therefore defined, confined, and limited to be up until normal retirement age or when an individual elects to retire. After formal retirement, a Life Member may be granted Fellowship Membership if appropriate. Life membership is not refundable.
- Members will have access to areas of the site that are not available to Basic Registrants; these will include the main membership database, the job board and certain discounted services and products.
- The cost of life membership is a one-off charge of £50 (+ VAT). Annual Membership is £30 (+ VAT). These fees can be abated from time to time.
- Payment can be made online or by invoice
- When you purchase online you are authorising a debit/charge to your account.
- Promotional offers on fees will at times be made available to new and existing Members.
- An individual member, Corporate Member, enterprise or other organisation who contravenes these General Terms, the 'spirit' of The List, brings The List or the UK Armed Forces into disrepute or is perceived as acting against the interests and for the good of The List or the UK Armed Forces will be expunged from the database and will have his/her access removed from The List; no refund of fees will be made. Members belonging to an organisation or enterprise that acts in such a way will also be expunged from the database.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions a "Force Majeure Event" means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of The List, without limitation: any strike, lock-out or other form of industrial action; lack, interruption or failure of any utility service, or lack of available facilities; the deliberate, targeted and complete interruption, total disruption or destruction of business resulting from cyber-attack; non-performance by suppliers or subcontractors; collapse of buildings, fire, explosion, accident, acts of God, storm, flood, drought, earthquake, epidemic, pandemic or other natural physical disaster; terrorist attack; civil commotion or riots; war, civil war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations, nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom, any law or any action taken by a government or public authority (including without limitation imposing an export or import restriction, quota or prohibition or failing to grant a necessary license or consent).
- If any Force Majeure Event occurs in relation to The List which affects or may affect the performance of The List’s obligations under these Terms, it shall forthwith notify the effected other party or parties (which could include the complete Membership of The List) as to the nature and extent of the circumstances in question and use all reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event on the performance of its obligations
- Provided that it has complied with paragraph 20 The List shall not be deemed to be in breach of these Terms or shall otherwise be liable to other by reason of any delay in performance or the non-performance of any of its obligations which may be prevented, hindered or delayed by a Force Majeure Event of which it has notified the effected party or parties.
How The List will Manage and Control your Data:
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of your information as set out in this Statement. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will use your personal data and your rights in relation to your personal data.
This data is retained to enable The List to provide services to you and for you to derive full value of your Membership of The List. This data policy should be read in conjunction with The List’s General Terms.
- Personal data will be collected from you when you register online, maintain a List account, when you apply for advertised job opportunities and when you submit updated and new information. This is taken as your ongoing consent to The List holding your data. This personal data includes your name, email addresses and other personal information you have added to your List account, put on your CVs, cover letters or other routine correspondence with The List.
- The List operates two software systems on which it will record your data. The first is The List’s own database where Members details are captured and recorded and the second is a secure cloud-based software which is GDPR compliant – Invenias, the leading platform trusted by professionals responsible for executive search and strategic hiring.If you are not a List Member and we are holding your data because we have had an email or other exchange with you, we will periodically ask you to renew your consent for us to retain data specifically held on Invenias software (para 2).
- The List is registered with the Information Commissioner (Registration No: Z1773062) and is committed to the principles of data protection. We will endeavour to ensure that your data and privacy is protected to the best of our ability in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR. Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully. Reasonable and appropriate measures are taken to ensure that your personal data (including the information in your CV) is protected from unauthorised access, unlawful destruction, and improper use. However, you are reminded that the Internet is not secure, and The List cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you have submitted will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
- No information provided by you through this site will be made available to third parties, without prior authority from you; however, your Registration and Membership on this site is your authority and consent to allow limited personal information on you to be viewed by other List members to enable the networking part of The List to function. You have full control over this limited information (which, for example, is similar to that which might appear on Linked In) through your management of your List account. It consists of the following and specifically excludes all contact information (ie. full residential, business and e-mail addresses, phone, and mobile numbers):
- First and last names
- Postal Town
- An overview of your military career
- If you are an In-Business Member your present company name and position
- Initial networking contact with Members is made by a secure system which does not reveal contact information but relies on the recipient’s willingness to reply and in so doing reveal direct contact information to enable a networking exchange and dialogue.
- Additionally, List staff authorised by The List will have access to your data to enable them to deliver the full range of recruitment and business services.
- It is your personal responsibility to ensure that any personal information, provided by you, and appertaining to a third party (for example a referee listed on a CV) is provided with that third parties knowledge and agreement.
- The List is not responsible for the use of personal information by third parties once it has been accessed by that third party.
- Any attempt by a member to use the networking search facility for direct recruitment activity is not permitted. Networking e-mails between Members enabled through The List system are monitored to ensure the content is legal, appropriate and complies with the 'spirit' of The List and the account is being operated in accordance with this policy and our General Terms.
- Users are not permitted to use The List networking system to mass mailshot; in order to prevent this, a maximum of 10 people can be contacted in any one transmission or continuous logged-in session.
- The List website can contain links to other external websites. Members should note that The List is not responsible for the privacy practices of these external websites. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the privacy statements of each website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by The List website.
- As a Job Seeker you should expect to receive relevant Mailshots about job opportunities which may interest you. If you no longer wish to receive these Mailshots, you can change your Membership status from Job Seeker to In-Business and Mailshots will cease to be sent to you.
The Liquid List - the monthly networking meetings.
- The protection of personal information and data for those who attend the Liquid List is a matter of personal responsibility. Attendees are encouraged to freely exchange information but without there being a List or sponsor liability to safeguard that information. If an attendee chose to sign an attendance list with their name, email address and employment status, it will be taken as that attendee’s consent to have that specific information circulated to other attendees to enable follow-up networking. This is a fundamental premise of the modus-operandi of The Liquid List.
- Attendance at the Liquid List does not infer or guarantee eligibility for Membership of The List. The 'spirit' of The List operates and applies to all networking meetings.
Privacy and Use of Data: The List's PayPal Merchant Account:
- To provide the PayPal Services, certain information The List and PayPal collects may be required to be transferred to other entities by law. You acknowledge that according to legislation, such entities may be subject to laws, regulations, inquiries, investigations, or orders which may require the disclosure of information to the relevant authorities of the relevant country. Your use of the PayPal Services via The List constitutes your consent to our transfer of such information to provide you the PayPal Services.
The posting of fictitious/non-existent jobs or the deliberate misrepresentation of facts associated with information on The List website will render the perpetrator liable to the full forfeiture of all fees paid, the immediate withdrawal of all other posted vacancies and possible debarring from future use and, if deemed applicable, membership of The List.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of your information held by The List.
- From time to time we expect these terms of conditions to be modified, we therefore advise that you re-visit this page occasionally to reacquaint yourself with the content.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with GDPR. You can do this via their website www.ico.org.uk